Nov 11, 2019
Major in Industrial Management
The mission for the Bachelor of Applied Technology program at Brazosport College is to educate, train, and develop successful business leaders and managers who are prepared to utilize technology and leadership skills to the competitive advantage of their enterprise. This program builds upon a general education core, technology, and other courses completed in the freshman and sophomore years. The program is designed to add management skills to the technical skills of the trained technician so that he or she may move into supervisory positions. The breadth of the coursework enables students to lead and manage by utilizing a wide variety of business, finance, technology, and people management skills.
For more information, contact the Division Chair of Baccalaureate Programs at 979-230-3615.
Requirements for Admission to the Bachelor of Applied Technology Degree Program
- College level skills in reading, writing, and mathematics as evidenced by approved placement testing or previous college-level coursework (TSI complete).
- Attained junior status, defined as having earned at least 60 college level semester credit hours.
- Completed Brazosport College Application for Admission/Readmission, transcripts, forms, and satisfaction of the general institutional admission requirements.
- Completed Brazosport College Supplemental Application for Admission to the Bachelor of Applied Technology program and approval by the Bachelor of Applied Technology Admissions Committee.
Note 1: Admission to the Bachelor of Applied Technology program is competitive, based on such factors as GPA, completion of lower division coursework, and work history, It should be noted that not all students who meet the minimum requirements stated above may be admitted into this program. Applications are to be reviewed by the Bachelor of Applied Technology Admissions Committee and recommended to the Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs for admission to the program.
Note 2: As space permits and with the permission of the program coordinator, qualified students who do not meet the admission requirements noted above, may take up to six upper division courses. Qualified students are those who have attained junior status, have completed any necessary course prerequisites, at the college level in reading, writing, and mathematics (TSI complete), and have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0. Junior status is achieved by having earned at least 60 college-level semester credit hours.
Note 3: Students admitted to the program who are at junior standing, but have more than 18 semester credit hours of lower division coursework (as noted in the required curriculum for the declared specialty) must enroll in lower division coursework in their first semester.
Note 4: Students wishing to apply previously earned credit to this degree must submit requests for substitutions within the first three semesters of being enrolled in the Bachelor of Applied Technology program.
Completion Requirements for the Bachelor of Applied Technology with a Major in Industrial Management Degree
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum 120 semester credit hours of transferable baccalaureate level education credits, of which at least 45 must be completed at Brazosport College.
- Completion of the General Education Core Curriculum (42 credit hours).
- Completion of at least 43 credit hours in 3000 level courses or above, of which at least 30 must be completed at Brazosport College. Note: 52 credit hours in 3000 level courses or above are required for the General Technology Specialty.
- Completion of all program of study requirements with a minimum 2.0 grade point (based on a 4.0 scale) on all upper-division courses.
Lower Division Requirements
The program requires completion of an Associate of Arts (AA) or an Associate of Science (AS) Degree Program with a minimum of 60 semester hours, including completion of the General Education Core Curriculum. Beyond the AA or AS requirements, an additional 8 semester hours of lower division electives are required.
Upper Division Requirements
An additional 52 major credits are required to complete the BAT degree.
Choose six courses from the following:
Suggested Program of Study: Upper Division
General Technology Management Specialty
For freshman and sophomore year requirements, see the Associate of Arts (AA) and Associate of Science (AS) Degree Programs.
First Semester - 15 Credit Hours
Second Semester - 15 Credit Hours
First Semester - 12 Credit Hours
Second Semester - 16 Credit Hours