Find the Career for You!
Exploring and deciding on a career pathway, writing resumes and cover letters, preparing for interviews, researching companies and employers, transferring to a college or university, planning your future- the BC Career and Guidance Center, located in Room E.120, will assist you with all of this and more! Let our staff provide you with information and assistance to plan for a successful career while furthering your education.
Exploring and Selecting a Career Pathway:
- Counselors are always available to develop or review your academic plan or discuss your career questions.
- Career Coach will help students explore careers, develop a career focus and how to reach that goal. Career Coach assists students by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training.
- Career and Guidance Website offers information on various career management topics including Career Exploration, Employment Opportunities, Upcoming Events and Workshops, Interview Preparation, Resume Assistance, and Cover Letter Examples. More information may be found on the BC website by clicking: Students, Career and Guidance Center.
Degree and Transfer Information
Available in BC’s Career & Transfer Center are:
- Catalogs, transfer guides, and videos describing admission procedures and academic programs for a variety of colleges. Information may be found on the BC website by clicking: Students, Career and Guidance Center, and View Our Transfer Guides option.
- Transfer Guides to help you as you select BC courses to easily transfer to senior colleges and universities in Texas.
- The Texas Common Application for transfer and freshman students. You may complete this application (under special circumstances, a paper application may be obtained from the Office of Admissions) electronically at www.applytexas.org.
The Job Search
The BC Career and Guidance Center offers numerous tools to help you find the right career.
- College Central Network Services (CCN) is BC’s online job search board that provides local full-time and part-time employment opportunities. The site offers a chance to look at CCN’s nationwide job database and offers resume review and help.
- Local jobs are posted in the common area adjacent to Gator Hall (H.101) on the Hot Jobs board.
- The Job Binder is located inside of the Center and updated weekly with current openings at local school districts, cities, hospitals, chemical plants, and many more.
- Up-to-Date Position Postings are available through social media. Stay connected by liking the Brazosport College Career and Guidance Center Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BCCareer. You will find job search tips and strategies, resume tips, employment opportunities, and other professional/career development information.
- Student Employment is available on the Brazosport College campus. Our goal is to help students find employment that adds substantial value to Brazosport College and significant value to each student’s personal and professional development.
- Job search help and resume review are provided, at no extra cost, by appointment in the Career & Guidance Center. If you need help locating job postings or assistance submitting a resume, we’re here to assist you.
For more information about any of these services or to make an appointment, please contact BC’s Career Services:
Contact: LaTanya Graham, 230-3429
Contact: Sarah Mong, 230-3317