Find the Career for You!
Exploring and deciding on a career pathway, locating an internship, writing resumes and cover letters, preparing for interviews, transferring to a college or university, researching companies and employers, planning your future, the BC Career and Guidance Center, located in Room E.120, will assist you with all of this and more! Let our staff provide you with information and assistance to plan for a successful career and/or furthering your education.
Exploring and Selecting a Career Pathway:
- Counselors are always available to develop or review your academic plan or discuss your career questions.
- Career Coach - Students need a career vision - a strong grasp of what they’re aiming for, how to get there, why, and understand the value of their degree. Career Coach is designed to assist you by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training.
Degree and Transfer Information
Available in BC’s Career & Transfer Center:
- Catalogs, transfer guides, and videos describing admission procedures and academic programs for a variety of colleges.
- Equivalency Guides to help you select the right BC courses to transfer to senior colleges in Texas. The Texas Common Application for transfer and freshman students. You may complete this application (under special circumstances, a paper application may be obtained from the Office of Admissions) electronically at www.applytexas.org.
- Additional information on transfer may be found on the BC website by clicking: Students, Support, Career and Transfer Center, and College Transfer Information.
The Job Search
The BC Career and Guidance Center offers numerous tools to help you find the right career.
- College Central Network Services (CCN) is BC’s online job search board that provides local full-time and part-time employment opportunities. The site offers a chance to look at CCN’s nationwide job database and offers resume review and help.
- Local jobs are posted in the common area adjacent to Gator Hall (H.101) on the Hot Jobs board.
- The Job Binder located inside of the Center is updated weekly with current openings at local school districts, cities, hospitals, chemical plants, and many more.
- Up-to-Date Position Postings: Stay connected by liking the Brazosport College Career and Transfer Center Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BCCareer. You will find job search tips and strategies, resume tips, employment opportunities, and other professional/career development information.
- Student Employment: Our goal is to help student’s find employment that not only adds substantial value to Brazosport College, but substantial value to each student’s personal and professional development.
- Job search help and resume review are provided, absolutely free, by appointment in the Career & Guidance Center. If you need help locating job postings or assistance submitting a resume, we’re here to assist you.
For more information about any of these services or to make an appointment, please contact BC’s Career Services:
Contact: LaTanya Graham, 230-3429
Contact: Sarah Mong, 230-3317